How to get Certificate of Telecommunication & Terminal Equipment Installer?
In order to install quality telecom equipment or telecommunication wiring, the Telecommunication & Terminal Equipment Installer is required to register and ensure a minimum standard of qualification is possessed. Whereas all the installation has to be laid through a Certified Telecommunication & Terminal Equipment Installer.
● A licensed telecom operator shall not provide services at the premises where the telecom equipment is not installed by a Certified Telecommunication & Terminal Equipment Installer.
● A licensed telecom operator is required to obtain a Certificate from the Authority if any equipment is required to be installed.
● The NTP (Network Termination Point) shall be fixed securely at the closest customer’s premises from the outside plant.
● The licensed telecom operator shall maintain all the NTP installation and termination records.
A Certified Telecommunication & Terminal Equipment Installer shall be responsible of the following:
● Wiring should be as per international standards.
● Wiring should be properly terminated at Network Termination Point.
● When a telecom cabling is placed alongside an AC electrical power cable inside a wall space.
● When there is a requirement for the telecom cable for voice, data and video to cross the power cable it shall always cross at right angle.
● The voltage should not be injurious to occupants to occupants, it should be safe and secure.
● General environment requirements should be adhered to.
● To execute a written agreement with the premises owner after completion of installation work.
● An application for the grant of Certificate shall be made to the Authority in prescribed form along with the fee.
● On the receipt of the application for the grant of certificate, the Authority shall examine the application in compliance with the following factors:
● Upon satisfactory evaluation of the application in all aspects, the Authority shall grant the certificate within 20 days for carrying out telecom and terminal equipment installation.
● If application is found incomplete the applicant shall inform within 10 days.
● The authority shall allocate a unique certificate number to each Certified Telecom and Terminal Equipment Installer