The basic things for an e-commerce business are they offer, quality, cost,
guarantee, validity, discounts, quantity, acceptance and delivery of the
We have divided it into three categories
● B2C – Business-to-consumer e-commerce where customers directly
deal with the organization without any intermediaries
● B2B – Business-to-business where buyers or sellers are organizations
for example business between a manufacturer and a wholesaler, or a
wholesaler and a retailer.
● C2C – Consumer-to-consumer where individuals directly buy or sell
the goods for example it mostly happens through online auction or
E-commerce is the business of selling or buying goods, transfer or exchange
of products, services through the internet; however it also includes online
banking, on-line education, medical services, consultancy, e-ticketing for
air travelling and share trading.
E-commerce site development, its advertising, electronic and financial
transactions may involve many legal issues which must be taken into
There are a number of barriers to e-commerce business in Pakistan which
are either economical, technological or legal which causes slower progress
in the e-commerce industry than the other countries in the world.
Legal barriers are more difficult to overcome as absence of proper
regulatory system and guidelines, lack of ecommerce standards and
legislation are the major legal issues in Pakistan.
The serious concerns for the e-commerce businesses in Pakistan are;
● Data protection / data localization
● Financial inclusion and digitization
● Consumer protection in digital environment
● Taxation on e-commerce activity
● Logistics for e-commerce retailers and marketplaces
The government of Pakistan has proposed an E-commerce policy
framework in 2019 and the businesses are directed to follow the guidelines
and code of conduct in order to conduct secure business.