We have extensive experience in providing advice to clients on the protection and enforcement of copyright in all of these areas. We are partners with the Canadian Intellectual Property law firms that specifically provide services of Intellectual Property. Our copyright lawyers practice before the Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) and before all levels of Court in Canada.
Our expert team applies their in-depth knowledge of Canadian copyright law to help clients leverage and assert rights to achieve business goals. Our highly specialized IP lawyers understand the interplay of copyright and broader intellectual property rights and are able to advise clients on how to leverage copyright as a strategic tool to provide broader protection for products and brands.
- Copyright registration and filing with CIPO
- Pre-Clearance of Copyrights, literal and nonliteral
- Registration and enforcement strategies and opinions
- “Freedom to Operate” and non-infringement opinions
- Copyright ownership, including chain of title
- Employee agreements related to Copyright ownership
- Copyright licensing and commercial agreement
- Counsel and due diligence on copyright in transactions
- Online copyright and disputes counseling
- Alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
- Counseling and representation in copyright litigation
- Global copyright monitoring and policing of rights
- Copyright enforcement and litigation
We are a trusted advisor to our clients, providing responsive and effective counsel on copyright matters involving all subject matters including video and digital media, film, television, telecommunications, product design, toys, software, music, literature, photography, and architecture. Our clients include leading companies across a wide range of industries including fashion, video games, software, telecommunications, media and broadcast, entertainment, motion pictures and television, education and training, government and financial institutions.