Any electronic system used for transmission, reception and conveyance of any information and data by means of electromagnetic, optical or internet etc.
A service of transmission, conveyance and reception of information by means of Telecommunication system.
It includes any device, wires, cables, apparatus and software used in Telecommunication service.
Functions of Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA)
● Regulate , operate and maintain the Telecommunication System and Telecommunication Services as well
● Protect and promote the interest of telecommunication users
● Promotion of equality based and cost effective Telecommunication Services to the users
● Modernization of Telecommunication System
● Investigation and adjudication of complaints
● Settlement of disputes between licensees
Powers of Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA)
● To grant and renewal of licenses for the telecommunication services and systems
● To prescribe the standards for enforcement of the compliance for the telecommunication system and terminal equipments
● Approval of telecommunication equipments and installers
● Settle the guidelines between the licensees
● Inspection of telecommunication systems, equipments and premises
Why Choose Us?
With telecom lawyers around the globe, our team is well positioned to assist clients with multi-country and global deals as well as with regional and global strategies for product development and market entry. Our experience covers the full spectrum of developed and emerging markets and the complete range of technologies, including wireless, telephony, broadband, Internet, satellite and submarine cables.
Clients turn to us for our decades of telecom industry and regulatory experience helping them to tackle the licensing, regulatory and operational issues important to their current business and future success.