This Privacy Notice explains who we are, how we collect, share and use personal information about you and how you can exercise your privacy rights. It applies to all individuals who access our website at https://thecaselawyer.com/ (“Website“), engage our legal services (“Services“).
We recommend that you read this Privacy Notice in full to ensure you are fully informed.
What does “The Case Lawyer” do?
“The Case Lawyer” is a business name of the law firm established under the laws of Pakistan. For more information about The Case Lawyer and the legal services we provide, please see the “About Us” section of our Website.
What personal information does “The Case Lawyer”collect when you visit our Website and why?
The personal information that we may collect about you when you visit our website broadly falls into the following categories:
Information that you provide voluntarily
We collect personal information that you provide voluntarily through our Website, for example when completing online forms to contact us or registration that we are organising. The information we collect about you may include some or all of the following:
- First & Last Name;
- Contact information, including email address and telephone number(s);
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- Other information relevant to the client;
- Information pertinent to fulfilling our Services to you; and
- Any other personal information that you voluntarily choose to provide to us.
If we ask you to provide any other personal information not described above, the personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point that you are asked to provide your personal information.
Information that we collect automatically
When you visit our Website, we may collect certain personal information automatically from your device.
Specifically, the information we may collect automatically includes information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification number, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Website, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Website, where they come from, and what content on our Website is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Website to our visitors.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further in our Cookie Notice.
What personal information does “The Case Lawyer” collect when you engage our Services and why?
When you engage us to provide you with legal Services, we collect and use personal information which is necessary for the performance of those Services.
The majority of the personal information we collect and use to provide our Services is supplied voluntarily by (or collected by us from third party sources at the request of) our clients. Because of this, if you are a client of “The Case Lawyer” then it will generally be obvious to you what personal information we collect and use.
This information may include:
- Basic information about your case;
- Contact information such as your postal address, email address and telephone number(s);
- Identification and background information provided by you or collected as part of our business acceptance process; and
- Any other personal information relating to you or other third parties which you may provide to us for the purpose of receiving our Services.
We use this information to facilitate the provision of our Services to you, the client. The information our clients provide may be disclosed to the concerned forums such as courts, tribunals and other related institutions as the case may be.
When and with whom might “The Case Lawyer”share your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- To any competent law enforcement body, regulator, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary: (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- To a potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice; and
- To a person you have given us your consent to disclose to.
Legal basis for processing personal information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you (for example, when providing our Services),